My version of kolo’ mee, a type of noodle dish typically topped with minced meat/ mushroom, and served with a side of beef broth/ chicken soup.
Recipe as follows!
Wantan/ ramen noodles
Garlic, finely chopped - 1 clove per serving. If you’re to serve 3-4 person, use about 4 cloves of garlic.
Shallot, thinly sliced - 1/2 the amount of garlic cloves you’re using. If you use 4 cloves of garlic, then use 2 small shallots.
Dried mushrooms (soaked till they re-hydrate) - 6-7 pieces (I like to use a lot XD)
Spring onion, sliced thinly
Soy sauce (both sweet and salty)
1. Put aside a bit of garlic and shallot to cook mushroom with. Fry the rest of the garlic + shallots in olive/ vegetable oil until just crispy (be careful not to burn them! They go from ‘crispy’ to ‘burnt’ very quickly, so keep an eye out). Drain away excess oil (leave just a teaspoon) and season with soy sauce and pepper.
2. Slice mushrooms thinly/ however you like. Saute garlic+shallot in a bit of oil, then toss in the minced chicken. Add in sliced mushrooms. Season with soy sauce and pepper. Make sure the chicken is cooked and the mushrooms are tender, and any liquid is thickened before turning off the heat.
3. Blanch the noodles. Drain away the excess water, and toss noodles with fried garlic+shallot+soy sauce and spring onion that was kept aside earlier.
4. Serve the noodles. Put a portion of mushroom+minced chicken on each serving of noodles. Sprinkle spring onions on top, if you have any left over :)
5. When I have it at hand, I like to serve this with blanched mustard greens.
noodles! and a recipe :)